Sunday, September 18, 2011

Moon and Star

I found this wonderful ring at a thrift store for about $2.50 before summer started.
I love it SO much, and always get compliments on it, just because it's so different and quirky.


I don't know why I love it so much, but it's become a staple for me. I wear it all the time, taking it off only when I shower/go in the water because it does become loose and slippery, and I would NOT want to loose it. I'm not entirely sure if it's supposed to represent a person looking out a window at a star, or the moon and a star. To be honest, I love both concepts.

It reminds me of the last line of I poem I memorised when I was really little, and my mom and I quote whenever we point out the moon to each other.
The poem is just about a child looking at the full moon from her nursery window and describing it to her mother and the last line says something like:

And I wonder if that small sparkling star is her little baby.



2 comments:

  1. This ring is so cute and quirky, I adore thrift stores just because you end up with a look that's so individual and of course so much cheaper haha! In fact my latest post on my blog is about some thrift store finds, maybe you could check it out?
    Lovely post, Bethany Paige (www.paigeoffashion.blogspot.co.uk) X

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cute :) love the detailing, which is so unique! sometimes you can find real treasures in thrift stores.

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete