Friday, June 17, 2011

A Funky Little Tea Party

For my seventeenth birthday I wanted to have a garden/tea party in my gorgeous backyard.

It was lovely.

We bought a whole host of adorable decorations second hand, and also used some items from our well stashed collection.

It looked just the way I wanted it too.


We strung up some line and strung up a missed-matched collection of lanterns and candles.



Our high-tech streosystem, it usually lives in my little brother's and sister's room.


We used my great-great grandmother's plates, and an assortment of cute tea-cups.
We also used and old quilt, from my Nana, as a table cloth.
It was perfect!


My personal favourite.


Me and my lovely friends!

 And of course the table was spread with lots of yummy treats! Everything was gluten-free.
Which was perfect. I hate not being able to eat stuff. And since it was my party, it only made sense that I made it perfect for me.
I made most of the treats myself.
The rest were made by my Daddy.



This is flour-free cake! It's made with ground almonds.



Once it started getting dark we lit all of the candles, and got the bon-fire going too.




Daisies in the candle light.


I can't wait to have more outdoor parties this summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment